In November 2014, the Hempfield School Board approved the
district's three-year comprehensive plan from July 1, 2015 through June 30,
This plan encompasses the following strategies:
- The Hempfield School District will implement consistent,
research-based assessment and instructional practices in all district
- The Hempfield School District will reduce barriers to
student learning and implement improved interventions/supports to meet the
academic and personal growth needs of at-risk students.
- The Hempfield School District will develop/improve systems
and processes that promote effective home-school partnerships and realization
of the district vision of achievement, personal growth, and success for every
- The Hempfield School District will provide comprehensive, differentiated,
research-based professional development to district staff responsible for
meeting the needs of all students.
The mission of the Hempfield School District community is to provide safe environments and responsive programs that inspire all students to become lifelong learners and contributing citizens in a global society.
The vision of the Hempfield School District is personal
growth, achievement, and success for every student!
We believe that effective schools:
- Are built on a foundation of trust and honest communication
- Provide safe, caring environments where educational
risk-taking and growth occur for all students and staff
- Provide learning experiences that address the needs of the
- Are places where high expectations and appropriate resources
and supports exist for all students
- Engage all students in rigorous learning experiences that
are responsive to their strengths, needs, interests, and backgrounds
- Use data effectively to make educational decisions and drive
- Employ innovative methods and technology to prepare students
for 21st century life
- Value diversity as a source of pride and strength
- Engage and collaborate with families and community to meet the needs of all students